28 April 2006

Me and the Mini-van


I have driven a mini-van for the past eight years. Currently, there is 146,000 miles on the speedometer, but I think that this number does not give a real sense of the distance we have traveled. and I sense that there are yet many miles to go before it sleeps. You see, vans are suburban cars and serve the needs of families who must transport children, groceries, and supplies from Home Depots. Pull into the parking lot abutting a soccer field and it seems you’ve driven into a used van car lot. Even the children with driver’s licenses sometimes require to be driven. Where I live right now, even the pizza man does not deliver.

I have driven my mini-van for the past eight years. There is currently 146,000 miles on its speedometer. Oh, the places we have gone in this vehicle,! But I have, of late, grown weary of being in it. I wear it now like an ill-fitting outer coat. I would purchase for my next vehicle a car that would fit in my present van.

My friend also drives a mini-van. It is time for a smaller, more private car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home