27 November 2006

Posting post-Thanksgiving


The election and Thanksgiving are over. I am thankful. I don’t anticipate a sea change in government policies, but at least the smug faces of the Republican administration and its lackies looks appropriately humbled. Even George, though I wonder if he has the intelligence to appreciate the rebuff he has suffered. Even conservative Democrats defeated liberal Republicans. To be a Republican was a kiss of death (KOD). Haven't heard much from Cheney. Maybe he's still clearing off the mud. Or hunting. It is hunting season here in Wisconsin. And if he misses his friends, maybe the VP can shoot a deer. The other thing for which I hope is that in the history texts yet to be written, Georgie Porgie and his corrupt, greedy, and mean administration will be adjudged the worst administration of the twentieth century and one of the worst in American history.

As for the turkey I helped consume on Thanksgiving, I apologize. I eat flesh once during the year, on Thanksgiving, because it is easier to live with the dinner hosts during the remainder of the year if I eat the bird on the third Thursday evening in November. They don't like my any better, but they do have something to converse about with me. "Isn't the bird good?"


Oh, it is good, do not mistake me, but I could make an entire meal of the vegetables and potatoes. I think I could eat mashed potatoes (and pizza) every day of my life. I’ve considered the idea of a mashed potato pizza!

Continue to listen toBob Dylan's Modern Times. It is the perfect album for this imperfect time of my life.

A silly post, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home