31 March 2008

Last Day of March 2008


Last day of March and it has been snowing all day. I managed to get my run in this morning before the precipitation, and I have been sequestered out at Walden since the white flakes reigned (pun intended) down. This late snow always serves as a powerful metaphor for me, and I am yet aware that it will snow once or twice more before we get real relief from winter. More metaphor. I’m choking on the stuff! Yesterday, there was no snow on my front expanse, and I walked out my front door into almost grass and almost Spring. And now, as I stare glumly out the window, it is Winter again. I know, I know. The snow will soon melt, but then, why is it at all necessary except to squash my spirit. Its Nature asserting its dominance, its Nature reminding me to have no expectations, its Nature with this heavy wet snow filling my buckets of rain.

So, I’ll go in and get a beer, and drink to the hoped-for end of Winter whenever in Summer it might occur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home