30 April 2008

Who would have thought Death had undone so many?


It seems to me that too often I have had to address a death on this site. I hate it more every time, and this time, right now, most of all. A young boy at my daughter’s school went missing several days ago, and has now been found dead. I ache at the loss of this lovely, young life; I can’t now blot out from my memory the photo of his youthful face posted on the web sites when there was yet hope of finding him. I fear I may never feel that relief again. I ache for his parents who in hope and love sent their child off to college and now have to bring him home. And I ache for myself as a parent whose child is off at college where she yet feels hunger, and concern for her grades, and her social life. And where she lives her life making decisions.

Dylan sings, “We live and we die, We know not why/But I’ll be with you when the deal goes down.” And that is supposed to be a relief. And I guess it will have to suffice, though it does not now relieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home